Beyond Charts and Graphs
From a liberty perspective the message from this is quite clear. You can't rely on government to"improve" the economy just by fiscal or monetary policy. If there's one thing the Austrian school of economics has taught us, it's that the hubris it takes to believe you can"plan" economic growth is forever doomed to failure. If Mr. Bush were more of an Austrian and less of an neo-Keynesian he might not be in the mess he's in today politically, and the nation might have a few more jobs and a lot less government.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian