NO MORE LIES - IRANIAN RAP
No More Lies begins with Ahmadinejad’s campaign-time speech in which he says “do you think our problem is what our daughters are wearing?” The footage then moves on to the scenes of Police brutally arresting a girl in the streets of Tehran.
The cleric which comes next is the Minister of Interior. He says “we are sometimes under attack and we have to defend our huge cultural heritage”. The next scenes are Police footage of a raid on a private party. Following with scenes from another Police violence footage, the lyrics start, “Whom are you avenging? The world is going ahead fast”.
The song then complains about the numerous norms forced by the administration. The following scenes are Police gently talking to girls regarding their veil. The video puts these formal scenes in contrast with the footage taken by people of Police brutality. “You the youth of the dictatorship, how long will you be silent? … I’ll shout freedom in the wind!”
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian