NO MORE LIES - IRANIAN RAP
No More Lies begins with Ahmadinejad’s campaign-time speech in which he says “do you think our problem is what our daughters are wearing?” The footage then moves on to the scenes of Police brutally arresting a girl in the streets of Tehran.
The cleric which comes next is the Minister of Interior. He says “we are sometimes under attack and we have to defend our huge cultural heritage”. The next scenes are Police footage of a raid on a private party. Following with scenes from another Police violence footage, the lyrics start, “Whom are you avenging? The world is going ahead fast”.
The song then complains about the numerous norms forced by the administration. The following scenes are Police gently talking to girls regarding their veil. The video puts these formal scenes in contrast with the footage taken by people of Police brutality. “You the youth of the dictatorship, how long will you be silent? … I’ll shout freedom in the wind!”
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi