NO MORE LIES - IRANIAN RAP
No More Lies begins with Ahmadinejad’s campaign-time speech in which he says “do you think our problem is what our daughters are wearing?” The footage then moves on to the scenes of Police brutally arresting a girl in the streets of Tehran.
The cleric which comes next is the Minister of Interior. He says “we are sometimes under attack and we have to defend our huge cultural heritage”. The next scenes are Police footage of a raid on a private party. Following with scenes from another Police violence footage, the lyrics start, “Whom are you avenging? The world is going ahead fast”.
The song then complains about the numerous norms forced by the administration. The following scenes are Police gently talking to girls regarding their veil. The video puts these formal scenes in contrast with the footage taken by people of Police brutality. “You the youth of the dictatorship, how long will you be silent? … I’ll shout freedom in the wind!”
comments powered by Disqus
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service