NO MORE LIES - IRANIAN RAP
No More Lies begins with Ahmadinejad’s campaign-time speech in which he says “do you think our problem is what our daughters are wearing?” The footage then moves on to the scenes of Police brutally arresting a girl in the streets of Tehran.
The cleric which comes next is the Minister of Interior. He says “we are sometimes under attack and we have to defend our huge cultural heritage”. The next scenes are Police footage of a raid on a private party. Following with scenes from another Police violence footage, the lyrics start, “Whom are you avenging? The world is going ahead fast”.
The song then complains about the numerous norms forced by the administration. The following scenes are Police gently talking to girls regarding their veil. The video puts these formal scenes in contrast with the footage taken by people of Police brutality. “You the youth of the dictatorship, how long will you be silent? … I’ll shout freedom in the wind!”
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades