IRANIANS ON USA AND EUROPE
This month's Le monde Diplomatique article entitled"The View from Teheran Avenue" includes the following quote from a youngster by the name of Noushin:"America is the symbol of freedom. Everybody wants to go live there, or just to go there and have fun. It's a mixture of people from different backgrounds and its ruling system is not imposed on you. And people are more accepting there than they are in Europe, where we feel like strangers."
Its time we did our best to help them to liberate themselves.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"