IRANIANS ON USA AND EUROPE
This month's Le monde Diplomatique article entitled"The View from Teheran Avenue" includes the following quote from a youngster by the name of Noushin:"America is the symbol of freedom. Everybody wants to go live there, or just to go there and have fun. It's a mixture of people from different backgrounds and its ruling system is not imposed on you. And people are more accepting there than they are in Europe, where we feel like strangers."
Its time we did our best to help them to liberate themselves.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)