IRANIANS ON USA AND EUROPE
This month's Le monde Diplomatique article entitled"The View from Teheran Avenue" includes the following quote from a youngster by the name of Noushin:"America is the symbol of freedom. Everybody wants to go live there, or just to go there and have fun. It's a mixture of people from different backgrounds and its ruling system is not imposed on you. And people are more accepting there than they are in Europe, where we feel like strangers."
Its time we did our best to help them to liberate themselves.
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize