WILL FRANCE GET ITS LIBERAL REVOLUTION?
I hope the answer is yes! I hope Sarko knows that was the reason he won. I did not blog much on the French contest. I was afraid to jinx it. But I had a feeling Sarko was going to make it not because of the polls but because I watched a group of talking heads, members of the French elite discuss the elections on French TV and they said:"Everybody had their liberal revolution, Britain with Thatcher, US with Reagan, Germany with Merkel. It is our turn."
Even the BBC admits that this elections seem momentous. Already some analysts call Sarkozy a neo-con.
He certainly reflects a more positive attitude towards the US. He let it be known that he loves the US and had his picture taken with Bush. Pundits thought it was a mistake but they were wrong. The only reason Royal could have had for failing to raise the issue of US-French relations during the debate was that her polling showed the French did not share their elite's anti-Americanism.
In any case, upon his elections, Sakozy immediately announced that the US can rely on the friendship of France.
But is he good for the Jews?
For details of some violent response to his election visit No Pasaran
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz