WILL FRANCE GET ITS LIBERAL REVOLUTION?
I hope the answer is yes! I hope Sarko knows that was the reason he won. I did not blog much on the French contest. I was afraid to jinx it. But I had a feeling Sarko was going to make it not because of the polls but because I watched a group of talking heads, members of the French elite discuss the elections on French TV and they said:"Everybody had their liberal revolution, Britain with Thatcher, US with Reagan, Germany with Merkel. It is our turn."
Even the BBC admits that this elections seem momentous. Already some analysts call Sarkozy a neo-con.
He certainly reflects a more positive attitude towards the US. He let it be known that he loves the US and had his picture taken with Bush. Pundits thought it was a mistake but they were wrong. The only reason Royal could have had for failing to raise the issue of US-French relations during the debate was that her polling showed the French did not share their elite's anti-Americanism.
In any case, upon his elections, Sakozy immediately announced that the US can rely on the friendship of France.
But is he good for the Jews?
For details of some violent response to his election visit No Pasaran
comments powered by Disqus
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport