Haiti and Thomas Jefferson
If Americans needed a better example of how Hayek's theory of unintended consequences can be applied to foreign policy intervention, they need look no further than Haiti.
This just in: Kevin Drum at Calpundit is surprised by the news that John Kerry wants to increase the size of the army thus putting him to the right of Donald Rumsfeld on this issue. My only question: Why is he surprised?
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar