Haiti and Thomas Jefferson
If Americans needed a better example of how Hayek's theory of unintended consequences can be applied to foreign policy intervention, they need look no further than Haiti.
This just in: Kevin Drum at Calpundit is surprised by the news that John Kerry wants to increase the size of the army thus putting him to the right of Donald Rumsfeld on this issue. My only question: Why is he surprised?
comments powered by Disqus
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?