Haiti and Thomas Jefferson
If Americans needed a better example of how Hayek's theory of unintended consequences can be applied to foreign policy intervention, they need look no further than Haiti.
This just in: Kevin Drum at Calpundit is surprised by the news that John Kerry wants to increase the size of the army thus putting him to the right of Donald Rumsfeld on this issue. My only question: Why is he surprised?
comments powered by Disqus
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay