Haiti and Thomas Jefferson
If Americans needed a better example of how Hayek's theory of unintended consequences can be applied to foreign policy intervention, they need look no further than Haiti.
This just in: Kevin Drum at Calpundit is surprised by the news that John Kerry wants to increase the size of the army thus putting him to the right of Donald Rumsfeld on this issue. My only question: Why is he surprised?
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton