Taxpayer Watchdogs for Government Debt
Something similar happened in Alabama last year when several prominent conservative leaders on the governor's staff, including the head of the Alabama affiliate Citizens for a Sound Economy, came out for a massive tax increase. The voters felt otherwise and it went down in flames in a public vote. Could the same thing happen in California? Unfortunately, it does not appear to be likely.
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize