Taxpayer Watchdogs for Government Debt
Something similar happened in Alabama last year when several prominent conservative leaders on the governor's staff, including the head of the Alabama affiliate Citizens for a Sound Economy, came out for a massive tax increase. The voters felt otherwise and it went down in flames in a public vote. Could the same thing happen in California? Unfortunately, it does not appear to be likely.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?