"Democracy" in Iraq
What exactly does democracy mean in a country as badly divided and fractured as Iraq? I fear it means an unpopular U.S. backed regime without any real support except from U.S. troops. How long before we impose some formerly exiled croonie of the Bush White House as president in a caucus process that Shittes won't like and Sunni's will probably boycott? Unlike Iraq's last president not elected by the people and supported by the military I suspect that the the new one will probably not wear a beret.
comments powered by Disqus
- England's King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds