LEFTIST IDEOLOGY LEADS INDIA TO OPT FOR INFERIOR WEAPONS
NEW DELHI: Despite Israel snapping on its heels now, Russia still remains the largest defence supplier to India. But all is not as hunky dory as it seems. India has complained to Russia about the unreliability of some of its weapon systems as well as tardy product support in execution of several projects.
Top-level sources say it has been made very clear to Russia that apart from"quality control" of the military equipment being bought from it, India wants assurances on maintenance of delivery schedules of contracted weapon systems, uninterrupted supply of spares and life-term product support. . . .
The defence ministry is particularly worried about the reliability of certain Russian-origin weapon systems and equipment like the Appassionata navigation systems for the 10 Kilo or Sindhugosh-class 877EKM submarines as well as the large number of Uran subsonic anti-ship cruise missiles in the Indian inventory.
The IAF, on its part, is upset with the"distortions" on the canopies of the Sukhoi-30MKI Phase-3 fighter jets.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"
- Conservative historians against Trump sign a petition warning he'd be dangerous
- Benjamin H. Irvin Named OAH Executive Editor