LEFTIST IDEOLOGY LEADS INDIA TO OPT FOR INFERIOR WEAPONS
NEW DELHI: Despite Israel snapping on its heels now, Russia still remains the largest defence supplier to India. But all is not as hunky dory as it seems. India has complained to Russia about the unreliability of some of its weapon systems as well as tardy product support in execution of several projects.
Top-level sources say it has been made very clear to Russia that apart from"quality control" of the military equipment being bought from it, India wants assurances on maintenance of delivery schedules of contracted weapon systems, uninterrupted supply of spares and life-term product support. . . .
The defence ministry is particularly worried about the reliability of certain Russian-origin weapon systems and equipment like the Appassionata navigation systems for the 10 Kilo or Sindhugosh-class 877EKM submarines as well as the large number of Uran subsonic anti-ship cruise missiles in the Indian inventory.
The IAF, on its part, is upset with the"distortions" on the canopies of the Sukhoi-30MKI Phase-3 fighter jets.
comments powered by Disqus
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans