LEFTIST IDEOLOGY LEADS INDIA TO OPT FOR INFERIOR WEAPONS
NEW DELHI: Despite Israel snapping on its heels now, Russia still remains the largest defence supplier to India. But all is not as hunky dory as it seems. India has complained to Russia about the unreliability of some of its weapon systems as well as tardy product support in execution of several projects.
Top-level sources say it has been made very clear to Russia that apart from"quality control" of the military equipment being bought from it, India wants assurances on maintenance of delivery schedules of contracted weapon systems, uninterrupted supply of spares and life-term product support. . . .
The defence ministry is particularly worried about the reliability of certain Russian-origin weapon systems and equipment like the Appassionata navigation systems for the 10 Kilo or Sindhugosh-class 877EKM submarines as well as the large number of Uran subsonic anti-ship cruise missiles in the Indian inventory.
The IAF, on its part, is upset with the"distortions" on the canopies of the Sukhoi-30MKI Phase-3 fighter jets.
comments powered by Disqus
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests