LEFTIST IDEOLOGY LEADS INDIA TO OPT FOR INFERIOR WEAPONS
NEW DELHI: Despite Israel snapping on its heels now, Russia still remains the largest defence supplier to India. But all is not as hunky dory as it seems. India has complained to Russia about the unreliability of some of its weapon systems as well as tardy product support in execution of several projects.
Top-level sources say it has been made very clear to Russia that apart from"quality control" of the military equipment being bought from it, India wants assurances on maintenance of delivery schedules of contracted weapon systems, uninterrupted supply of spares and life-term product support. . . .
The defence ministry is particularly worried about the reliability of certain Russian-origin weapon systems and equipment like the Appassionata navigation systems for the 10 Kilo or Sindhugosh-class 877EKM submarines as well as the large number of Uran subsonic anti-ship cruise missiles in the Indian inventory.
The IAF, on its part, is upset with the"distortions" on the canopies of the Sukhoi-30MKI Phase-3 fighter jets.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton