How the Mexican Air Force Rescued George Washington at Yorktown (Or Something Like that)
From the editor of a West Coast university newsletter:
As an office that fields questions from the media, we get some dillies. I thought you might enjoy this one. Maybe the Mexicans had an
air force before they had airplanes.
Dumb inquiry department...
HISTORY OF THE MEXICAN AIR FORCE - NAVY COMPASS. I'm looking for some information on contributions made by the Mexican Air Force to the U.S. during the Revolutionary War, Civil War and World War II for a story I'm working on. I'd appreciate any info.
Today's history lesson:
It is a little known fact in American History that the Mexican Air Force played key roles in these significant battles: during the seige of Yorktown in the Revolutionary War, Lord Cornwallis was forced to surrender to George Washington after the Mexican Air Force cut off the British's last escape route. And during the battle of Gettysburg in the Civil War, the Union forces on Cemetery Hill were only able to repel Pickett's charge with the close air to ground support provided by the 3rd aerial wing of the Mexican Air Force on loan to the Army of the Potomac.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity