The End of Dual Citizenship?
"A woman who holds dual citizenship in Ireland and the United States says the Department of Homeland Security sent her a letter asking her to renounce her Irish citizenship. She says she has spoken with other people with dual citizenship who also received letters asking them to give up their citizenship of any country other than the United States
I'm a newspaper reporter for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. I would like to hear from anyone who knows of dual citizens being asked by the federal government to renounce their citizenship of a country other than the United States. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org ."
From: Mark Bixler, Reporter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 72 Marietta St. N.W., Atlanta GA 30303, email@example.com
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College