THE RIGHTS OF IRAQI WOMEN MUST BE GUARANTEED
"U.S. Lawmakers Warn of Brewing Crisis Over Women's Rights in Iraq" This is the name of an article forwarded to me by a friend. We did a good job ensuring the legal rights of Afghani women. We could not possibly do less for the Iraqi ones.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/11/2004
I'm not yet convinced that we've won the battle for women's rights in Afghanistan. Though the recently-ratified constitution does include protections for women, it also contains a Sharia-consistency test which is already creating contradictions. The fact is that women's rights in Afghanistan haven't yet been asserted on a wide scale, so we don't really know if the paper rights will really turn into civil rights.
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton