THE RIGHTS OF IRAQI WOMEN MUST BE GUARANTEED
"U.S. Lawmakers Warn of Brewing Crisis Over Women's Rights in Iraq" This is the name of an article forwarded to me by a friend. We did a good job ensuring the legal rights of Afghani women. We could not possibly do less for the Iraqi ones.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/11/2004
I'm not yet convinced that we've won the battle for women's rights in Afghanistan. Though the recently-ratified constitution does include protections for women, it also contains a Sharia-consistency test which is already creating contradictions. The fact is that women's rights in Afghanistan haven't yet been asserted on a wide scale, so we don't really know if the paper rights will really turn into civil rights.
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95