THE RIGHTS OF IRAQI WOMEN MUST BE GUARANTEED
"U.S. Lawmakers Warn of Brewing Crisis Over Women's Rights in Iraq" This is the name of an article forwarded to me by a friend. We did a good job ensuring the legal rights of Afghani women. We could not possibly do less for the Iraqi ones.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/11/2004
I'm not yet convinced that we've won the battle for women's rights in Afghanistan. Though the recently-ratified constitution does include protections for women, it also contains a Sharia-consistency test which is already creating contradictions. The fact is that women's rights in Afghanistan haven't yet been asserted on a wide scale, so we don't really know if the paper rights will really turn into civil rights.
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”