THE RIGHTS OF IRAQI WOMEN MUST BE GUARANTEED
"U.S. Lawmakers Warn of Brewing Crisis Over Women's Rights in Iraq" This is the name of an article forwarded to me by a friend. We did a good job ensuring the legal rights of Afghani women. We could not possibly do less for the Iraqi ones.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/11/2004
I'm not yet convinced that we've won the battle for women's rights in Afghanistan. Though the recently-ratified constitution does include protections for women, it also contains a Sharia-consistency test which is already creating contradictions. The fact is that women's rights in Afghanistan haven't yet been asserted on a wide scale, so we don't really know if the paper rights will really turn into civil rights.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)