THE RIGHTS OF IRAQI WOMEN MUST BE GUARANTEED
"U.S. Lawmakers Warn of Brewing Crisis Over Women's Rights in Iraq" This is the name of an article forwarded to me by a friend. We did a good job ensuring the legal rights of Afghani women. We could not possibly do less for the Iraqi ones.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/11/2004
I'm not yet convinced that we've won the battle for women's rights in Afghanistan. Though the recently-ratified constitution does include protections for women, it also contains a Sharia-consistency test which is already creating contradictions. The fact is that women's rights in Afghanistan haven't yet been asserted on a wide scale, so we don't really know if the paper rights will really turn into civil rights.
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- CIA: “Pinochet personally ordered” Letelier bombing
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history