BOOBGATE AND PRO-WAR LIBERTARIAN ELECTION QUANDARIES
This continuing and across-the-board march to statism by the GOP only increases the quandary for sincere pro-war libertarians. They continue to regard Dubya as a kind of compartmentalized Jekyll and Hyde character: farseeing and honest on foreign policy but vote-grubbing and unprincipled on domestic policy. In the end, I predict that, despite some second-guessing, they will stay the course. As Rove said, where else can they go?
comments powered by Disqus
- In France, Vestiges of the Great War’s Bloody End
- New Evidence Supporting Volcanoes as Cause for Mass Extinction and Rapid Climate Change
- Film Conjures Era That Some in Selma Would Rather Not Revisit
- White? Black? A Murky Distinction Grows Still Murkier
- The best history books of 2014 – as rated by historians
- Martin Kramer says Israelis have "no clue” that Ari Shavit “has added a massacre in the city of Lydda to the litany of Israel’s alleged crimes in 1948"
- Carleton Mabee, Biographer of Morse, Dies at 99
- NYT editorial cites work of Harvard's Sven Beckert and Cornell’s Edward Baptist
- Majors in history earn more than others in the humanities
- The director of Mount Vernon’s library says it’s difficult to pierce the Washington myth (Interview)