ANTI DANISH CARTOONITST FATWA LANDS HAJI IN TROUBLE
LUCKNOW: In a blow to UP's Haj and minority welfare minister Haji Yaqoob Qureshi, speaker Mata Prasad Pandey has found him guilty of violating his constitutional position by issuing a fatwa against a Danish cartoonist.
Yaqoob had on February 18 called for beheading of the cartoonist, who had made a caricature of the Prophet and announced that he would give the avenger Rs 51 crore and weigh him against gold.
So, maybe we can worry a bit less about these irascible Danish cartoonists. At least we can hope that pocking fun at Ahmadinejad is still safe.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”