ANTI DANISH CARTOONITST FATWA LANDS HAJI IN TROUBLE
LUCKNOW: In a blow to UP's Haj and minority welfare minister Haji Yaqoob Qureshi, speaker Mata Prasad Pandey has found him guilty of violating his constitutional position by issuing a fatwa against a Danish cartoonist.
Yaqoob had on February 18 called for beheading of the cartoonist, who had made a caricature of the Prophet and announced that he would give the avenger Rs 51 crore and weigh him against gold.
So, maybe we can worry a bit less about these irascible Danish cartoonists. At least we can hope that pocking fun at Ahmadinejad is still safe.
comments powered by Disqus
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service