ANTI DANISH CARTOONITST FATWA LANDS HAJI IN TROUBLE
LUCKNOW: In a blow to UP's Haj and minority welfare minister Haji Yaqoob Qureshi, speaker Mata Prasad Pandey has found him guilty of violating his constitutional position by issuing a fatwa against a Danish cartoonist.
Yaqoob had on February 18 called for beheading of the cartoonist, who had made a caricature of the Prophet and announced that he would give the avenger Rs 51 crore and weigh him against gold.
So, maybe we can worry a bit less about these irascible Danish cartoonists. At least we can hope that pocking fun at Ahmadinejad is still safe.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize