ANTI DANISH CARTOONITST FATWA LANDS HAJI IN TROUBLE
LUCKNOW: In a blow to UP's Haj and minority welfare minister Haji Yaqoob Qureshi, speaker Mata Prasad Pandey has found him guilty of violating his constitutional position by issuing a fatwa against a Danish cartoonist.
Yaqoob had on February 18 called for beheading of the cartoonist, who had made a caricature of the Prophet and announced that he would give the avenger Rs 51 crore and weigh him against gold.
So, maybe we can worry a bit less about these irascible Danish cartoonists. At least we can hope that pocking fun at Ahmadinejad is still safe.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond