NYT BURIES KIDDNAPPING BY "INSUGENTS" IN IRAQ
This time the atrocity is in Iraq - and it is killing Americans. Not to worry - the NYT mentions it in the last paragraph of an article entitled G.I.’s to Pull Back in Baghdad, Leaving Its Policing to Iraqis This is what Andrew Sullivan calls the money quote -
"The American military and Iraqi security forces are battling a spate of kidnappings by insurgents, who hope to compel the victims' families to carry out attacks against American troops and Iraqi police officers or who are trying to extort money to pay for attacks, a senior military officer said".
Note the honorary title"insurgents!"
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian