THE UNTHREATENING STORM
It would seem, though, that liberal hawks should have less buyer's remorse than conservative ones. The humanitarian justifications for war in Iraq haven't lost any strength 10 months after the war began. On the post-war evidence, Saddam Hussein appears to have been every bit the bastard he was said to be. It's the conservative, threat-based justifications that have failed to pan out. I'd like to see a similar discussion among right-wing hawks. But I'm not confident we'll see it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history