An Anomalous Step in the Right Direction?
comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 7/13/2006
The stress should be on 'Australian', not 'govt.' Oz intellectuals are (fortunately) fairly isolated & generally despised. They in turn despise the Liberals heartily. Also there are a few historians, mostly non-academic, who reject the so-called 'black armband' view of Oz history. It appears that they, & common sense, have prevailed.
- How the Vikings Saved Europe and Got a Terrible Reputation
- Hard Hats On: Members of the Media Tour Exhibits under Construction at the National Museum of American History
- Shaman dancers, coolies and suffragettes: rare photos of 1900s Beijing discovered from Austrian archive
- England's King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead
- 2 of 21 MacArthur Fellows for 2014 are historians
- Ken Burns electrifies Jon Stewart show