An Anomalous Step in the Right Direction?
comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 7/13/2006
The stress should be on 'Australian', not 'govt.' Oz intellectuals are (fortunately) fairly isolated & generally despised. They in turn despise the Liberals heartily. Also there are a few historians, mostly non-academic, who reject the so-called 'black armband' view of Oz history. It appears that they, & common sense, have prevailed.
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- In Hiroshima 71 years after first atomic strike, Obama calls for end of nuclear weapons
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize