Best of History Websites
Best of History Web Sites contains links to over 700 history-related web sites that have been reviewed for quality, accuracy and usefulness. Sites with engaging content and stimulating and useful multimedia technologies are most likely to be included in these pages. However, useful general resources and research-oriented sites have been included as well. The list of sites is , by nature, partial and by no means exhaustive.
The site has been designed primarily to benefit history educators and their students, but history enthusiasts will find the site useful as well.
(Plus, this site links to several of HNN's articles so naturally, it's noteworthy!!)
comments powered by Disqus
- Roman Gladiators ate a mostly vegetarian diet and drank a tonic of ashes after training
- Massachusetts is celebrating the 250th anniversary of the wedding of John and Abigail Adams
- King Tut had overbite, club foot because his parents were brother and sister
- Prehistoric humans were far smarter than previously assumed
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China
- Highlights of the recent Oral History Association Meeting
- Rick Perlstein response to Sam Tanenhaus's complaint that he's an aggregator
- Thai historian faces charges for daring to challenge a story about a royal king