FPRI: Foreign Policy Research Institute
Founded in 1955, the Foreign Policy Research Institute is an independent, nonprofit organization devoted to advanced research and public education on international affairs. FPRI brings the insights of scholarship to bear on the development of policies that advance U.S. national interests abroad.
FPRI publications include Orbis, a quarterly journal of world affairs edited by David Eisenhower; the FPRI Wire; E-Notes, a two-page bulletin disseminated a few times each month exclusively by fax and e-mail; and other bulletins.
The institute is headed by Harvey Sicherman, a former aide to three U.S. secretaries of state. We count among our trustees a former Secretary of State, a former Secretary of the Navy, and a former Deputy Undersecretary of Defense, not to mention two university presidents emeritus, a foundation president, and several active or retired corporate CEOS. And we count among our extended network of scholars -- especially, our Inter-University Study Groups -- representatives of diverse disciplines, including political science, history, economics, law, management, religion, sociology, and psychology.
FPRI's Marvin Wachman Fund for International Education and FPRI's Center for the Study of America and the West are pleased to announce a weekend-long history institute on"Teaching Geography and Geopolitics," featuring a series of lectures by leading scholars in several fields. This program is specially designed for secondary school teachers, curriculum supervisors, and junior college faculty.
April 20-21, 2002
Teaching Geography and Geopolitics:
A History Institute for Teachers
Conference participants will include WALTER A. MCDOUGALL, JEREMY BLACK, ANTHONY DEPALMA, ALAN TAYLOR, HARVEY SICHERMAN, ARTHUR WALDRON, and DAVID GRESS.
For more information on the Foreign Policy Research Institute and on this upcoming conference, please visit http://www.fpri.org/about/ .
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize