FPRI: Foreign Policy Research Institute
Founded in 1955, the Foreign Policy Research Institute is an independent, nonprofit organization devoted to advanced research and public education on international affairs. FPRI brings the insights of scholarship to bear on the development of policies that advance U.S. national interests abroad.
FPRI publications include Orbis, a quarterly journal of world affairs edited by David Eisenhower; the FPRI Wire; E-Notes, a two-page bulletin disseminated a few times each month exclusively by fax and e-mail; and other bulletins.
The institute is headed by Harvey Sicherman, a former aide to three U.S. secretaries of state. We count among our trustees a former Secretary of State, a former Secretary of the Navy, and a former Deputy Undersecretary of Defense, not to mention two university presidents emeritus, a foundation president, and several active or retired corporate CEOS. And we count among our extended network of scholars -- especially, our Inter-University Study Groups -- representatives of diverse disciplines, including political science, history, economics, law, management, religion, sociology, and psychology.
FPRI's Marvin Wachman Fund for International Education and FPRI's Center for the Study of America and the West are pleased to announce a weekend-long history institute on"Teaching Geography and Geopolitics," featuring a series of lectures by leading scholars in several fields. This program is specially designed for secondary school teachers, curriculum supervisors, and junior college faculty.
April 20-21, 2002
Teaching Geography and Geopolitics:
A History Institute for Teachers
Conference participants will include WALTER A. MCDOUGALL, JEREMY BLACK, ANTHONY DEPALMA, ALAN TAYLOR, HARVEY SICHERMAN, ARTHUR WALDRON, and DAVID GRESS.
For more information on the Foreign Policy Research Institute and on this upcoming conference, please visit http://www.fpri.org/about/ .
comments powered by Disqus
- The National Security Agency's own history of tracking of U.S. Citizens is flawed
- Before Trump vs. the NFL, there was Jackie Robinson vs. JFK
- Saudi Textbook Withdrawn Over Image of Yoda With King
- Israelis are celebrating the Kurds’ bid for independence
- Wall Street Journal study finds that rural youths who enlisted after 9/11 shouldered the greatest burden for the nation’s defense
- Jelani Cobb unloads on Trump’s double standard of patriotism in the New Yorker
- Lonnie Bunch is astonished the African-American History Museum has become a pilgrimage site so fast
- Nancy Isenberg says what Americans think is exceptional about them is that they erased class distinctions
- Niall Ferguson’s new book is a warning about the pernicious threat of networks
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses