BLAME IT ON THE BLAINE
The Supreme Court is hearing oral arguments today in Locke v. Davey, a case that challenges the constitutionality of Washington State's Blaine Amendment.
A Wall Street Jounral editorial notes that"a remarkably ecumenical coalition of libertarians, conservatives, blacks, Catholics, Evangelicals and Orthodox Jews -- everyone from the Institute for Justice and the Landmark Legal Foundation to the Becket Fund and the Black Alliance for Educational Options" have filed amicus briefs calling on the court to strike down the law.
comments powered by Disqus
- Before the Bus, Rosa Parks Was a Sexual Assault Investigator
- Egypt discovers 3,500-year-old tombs in ancient city of Luxor
- Abolition Day Kicks Off Year-Long Campaign to Commemorate Frederick Douglass in North Carolina
- Memoirs of an Emperor: Hirohito’s Account of World War II Sells for $275,000
- What Happened to the American Boomtown?
- Black South African scholars urged to correct white historians’ distortion
- At Columbia, Three Women, 30 Years and a Pattern of Harassment
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”
- AHA Announces Last-Minute Sessions Timed to News Events