LIKE SADDAM, W EMPLOYS "MINDERS" TO INTIMIDATE WITNESSES
Terry points to this passage from an article yesterday in the NYT:
The federal commission investigating the Sept. 11 terror attacks said today that its work was being hampered by the failure of executive branch agencies, especially the Pentagon and the Justice Department, to respond quickly to requests for documents and testimony. ...Terry then points to this passage from W's now infamously truth-challenged State of the Union address:
At a news conference, Mr. Kean described the presence of"minders" at the interviews as a form of intimidation."I think the commission feels unanimously that it's some intimidation to have somebody sitting behind you all the time who you either work for or works for your agency," he said."You might get less testimony than you would."
"We would rather interview these people without minders or without agency people there," he said.
...Saddam Hussein has not credibly explained these activities. He clearly has much to hide.You know, it really takes a special kind of hypocrite (and we all know W is just that kind of animal) to employ police-state-style scare tactics to intimidate Congress's investigation into 9/11 after having attacked Saddam for doing exactly the same thing. Heck, W even went further and argued it showed Saddam's guilt with regard to WMDs.
The dictator of Iraq is not disarming. To the contrary; he is deceiving. From intelligence sources we know, for instance, that thousands of Iraqi security personnel are at work hiding documents and materials from the U.N. inspectors, sanitizing inspection sites and monitoring the inspectors themselves. Iraqi officials accompany the inspectors in order to intimidate witnesses.
Using W's logic, shouldn't we therefore draw the conclusion that, regarding 9/11 at least, this administration" clearly has much to hide."
Wish to comment on this post? Click here
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history