ANOTHER IRANIAN BLOGGER IN TROUBLE FOR COVERAGE OF ETHNIC UNREST
"Tavancheh is a courageous blogger who may well have fallen prey to the government’s crackdown on the student pro-democracy movement,” the press freedom organisation said. “His work nonetheless shows that Iranian civil society is dynamic and is resisting government censorship and authoritarianism." . . .
Two other bloggers Arash Sigarshi and Mojtaba Saminejad, are currently in prison in Iran.
Amir Taheri explains "Why some parts of Iran are beyond Ahmadinejad's reach."
Two Azeri reporters are also held without charge.
Worse. Round up reports of protestors' death and much more to be found at Gateway Pundit.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond