ANOTHER IRANIAN BLOGGER IN TROUBLE FOR COVERAGE OF ETHNIC UNREST
"Tavancheh is a courageous blogger who may well have fallen prey to the government’s crackdown on the student pro-democracy movement,” the press freedom organisation said. “His work nonetheless shows that Iranian civil society is dynamic and is resisting government censorship and authoritarianism." . . .
Two other bloggers Arash Sigarshi and Mojtaba Saminejad, are currently in prison in Iran.
Amir Taheri explains "Why some parts of Iran are beyond Ahmadinejad's reach."
Two Azeri reporters are also held without charge.
Worse. Round up reports of protestors' death and much more to be found at Gateway Pundit.
comments powered by Disqus
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book