ANOTHER IRANIAN BLOGGER IN TROUBLE FOR COVERAGE OF ETHNIC UNREST
"Tavancheh is a courageous blogger who may well have fallen prey to the government’s crackdown on the student pro-democracy movement,” the press freedom organisation said. “His work nonetheless shows that Iranian civil society is dynamic and is resisting government censorship and authoritarianism." . . .
Two other bloggers Arash Sigarshi and Mojtaba Saminejad, are currently in prison in Iran.
Amir Taheri explains "Why some parts of Iran are beyond Ahmadinejad's reach."
Two Azeri reporters are also held without charge.
Worse. Round up reports of protestors' death and much more to be found at Gateway Pundit.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)