NORTHERN ISRAELIS BACK TO SHELTERS
My sister called. It was her turn to transport her 6 year old grandchildren to their after school Karate and pottery courses in Naharia. But she found they were all cancelled though they were too far south for the Katyushas to reach. She had no way out. She had to explain to them the reason.
No, it had nothing to do with"occupation." The UN certified Israel's northern border. It may have to do with Hizbullah's need to justify its existence to the Lebanese people. They are much more difficult to convince than fans like Chomsky or some of his fellow Canadian or British colleagues who as a Lebanese paper notes understand little and I would add care to understand even less. Feeding the beast merely wets its appetite.
comments powered by Disqus
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?