HIRSI ALI IS COMING TO HARVARD
On May 9, Harvard students will be exposed to a real profile in courage. She will be speaking about Islam, gender and free speech.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a woman to be reckoned with. She was born and raised in Somalia. She moved to the Netherlands where she rose from a cleaning woman to a member of parliament. She has been an outspoken critic of radical Islam and in response jihadists have reminded her of the fate of her collaborator in the making of the"film submission," Theo Van Gogh. She, of course, needs 'round the clock police protection.
You can listen here to they type of things she will be saying. Amazon also has an excerpt from her book, The Caged Virgin : An Emancipation Proclamation for Women and Islam.
Now, she is a real worthy candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Read Hitchen's report on the shameful way the Dutch treat her. Apparently, they still hate the messanger.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook