MERKEL: 'UNBEARABLE AND UNACCEPTABLE'
"Nobody can call into question Israel's right to exist. Therefore, for any German government it is unbearable and unacceptable when the Iranian president questions this very right," Merkel said.
I wrote that the lady has class. On this subject Bush is just as steadfast. The venue was just as important. George W. Bush and German Chancellor Angela Merkel were speaking at the 100th-anniversary gala of the American Jewish Committee (do I hear"Jewish Lobby?") Both united in saying an empathetic no to Iran and Hamas.
Merkel, unlike Schroeder, knows what living under tyrany means. Sooner or later, it means Jew hatred and then going to Brussells becomes a crime for which non Jews can be thrown to prison.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)