MERKEL: 'UNBEARABLE AND UNACCEPTABLE'
"Nobody can call into question Israel's right to exist. Therefore, for any German government it is unbearable and unacceptable when the Iranian president questions this very right," Merkel said.
I wrote that the lady has class. On this subject Bush is just as steadfast. The venue was just as important. George W. Bush and German Chancellor Angela Merkel were speaking at the 100th-anniversary gala of the American Jewish Committee (do I hear"Jewish Lobby?") Both united in saying an empathetic no to Iran and Hamas.
Merkel, unlike Schroeder, knows what living under tyrany means. Sooner or later, it means Jew hatred and then going to Brussells becomes a crime for which non Jews can be thrown to prison.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools