ANOTHER EX CIA ON IRAQI WMD
You repeat a lie often enough, it will be accepted as truth. This seems to be the case with the infamous Niger yellow cake. Note this item from the newsletter of ex-CIA officials, AFIO:
A former top CIA official and 26-year veteran of the agency recently spoke out . Tyler Drumheller contends that President Bush was in possession of information that showed the claims he made during his 2003 State of the Union address- that Iraq had tried to obtain yellow cake uranium from Niger, were unsubstantiated. Drumheller supports his claim by recounting how the Niger story was dropped from a speech Bush made in Cincinnati in October 2002, after Director of the CIA Tenet told the President that the African story was overblown and the evidence weak.
However, Drumheller fails to mention that in the State of the Union address, President Bush credited British intelligence for the African report (not the Italian intelligence that was discredited), and that the Brits continue to stand by their evidence. [PJK/CBS 23Apr06]
In a similar vein read in Accuracy in the media: No Evidence for Prize-Winning Story . The reference is to the prison story.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian