"NEVER SAY" - HOLOCAUST AND HEROISM DAY
On Yom Hashoa when I light the memorial candle for my dead family members, I think of them and hope that I inherited some of their courage as well as that of my partisan uncle Mordechai."Never Say" by Hirsh Glick was his song and it is still mine:
Never say there is only death for you. Leaden skies may be concealing days of blue - Because the hour we have hungered for is near; Beneath our tread the earth shall tremble: We are here!
From land of palm-tree to the far-off land of snow, We shall be coming with our torment and our woe. And everywhere our blood has sunk into the earth, Shall our bravery, our vigor blossom forth!
We’ll have the morning sun to set our day aglow, And all our yesterdays shall vanish with the foe, And if the time is long before the sun appears, Then let this song go like a signal through the years.
This song was written with our blood and not with lead; It’s not a song that birds sing overhead, It was a people, among toppling barricades, That sang this song of ours with pistols and grenades.
So never say that there is only death for you. Leaden skies may be concealing days of blue - Because the hour we have hungered for is near; Beneath our tread the earth shall tremble: We are here!
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”