DAHAB DEATH TOLL MOUNTS; EGYPTIANS BLAME JEWS
Sad day. Countries count their own dead but the vast majorities are sure to be Egyptians and the numbers keep going up. The Egyptians had a three day weekend to celebrate the return of the Sinai to Egypt. No, they do not celebrate the peace treaty with Israel only its fruits. Even Big Pharaoh blogged his intention to go. Apparently, something must have delayed him. He was lucky.
Did the Bin Laden tape contain the action signal? If so, it's time to stop these broadcasts.
Retired General Salah al-Din Salim, an Egyptian researcher at the Strategic Studies Institute in Cairo, said that it could not be ruled out that the Israeli Mossad was involved in the terror attack in Dahab.
"The Mossad's ability to penetrate the Bedouins in Sinai is known," Salim said in an interview with al-Jazeera.
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
Also today, reformist Egyptian judges continued their protests. One judge was injured and 15 others detained by police. Mubarak says their protest is evidence of the independence of the Egyptian judiciary.
Previously, on this subject, Egypt: hope and disappointment.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award