DAHAB DEATH TOLL MOUNTS; EGYPTIANS BLAME JEWS
Sad day. Countries count their own dead but the vast majorities are sure to be Egyptians and the numbers keep going up. The Egyptians had a three day weekend to celebrate the return of the Sinai to Egypt. No, they do not celebrate the peace treaty with Israel only its fruits. Even Big Pharaoh blogged his intention to go. Apparently, something must have delayed him. He was lucky.
Did the Bin Laden tape contain the action signal? If so, it's time to stop these broadcasts.
Retired General Salah al-Din Salim, an Egyptian researcher at the Strategic Studies Institute in Cairo, said that it could not be ruled out that the Israeli Mossad was involved in the terror attack in Dahab.
"The Mossad's ability to penetrate the Bedouins in Sinai is known," Salim said in an interview with al-Jazeera.
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
Also today, reformist Egyptian judges continued their protests. One judge was injured and 15 others detained by police. Mubarak says their protest is evidence of the independence of the Egyptian judiciary.
Previously, on this subject, Egypt: hope and disappointment.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?