DAHAB DEATH TOLL MOUNTS; EGYPTIANS BLAME JEWS
Sad day. Countries count their own dead but the vast majorities are sure to be Egyptians and the numbers keep going up. The Egyptians had a three day weekend to celebrate the return of the Sinai to Egypt. No, they do not celebrate the peace treaty with Israel only its fruits. Even Big Pharaoh blogged his intention to go. Apparently, something must have delayed him. He was lucky.
Did the Bin Laden tape contain the action signal? If so, it's time to stop these broadcasts.
Retired General Salah al-Din Salim, an Egyptian researcher at the Strategic Studies Institute in Cairo, said that it could not be ruled out that the Israeli Mossad was involved in the terror attack in Dahab.
"The Mossad's ability to penetrate the Bedouins in Sinai is known," Salim said in an interview with al-Jazeera.
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
Also today, reformist Egyptian judges continued their protests. One judge was injured and 15 others detained by police. Mubarak says their protest is evidence of the independence of the Egyptian judiciary.
Previously, on this subject, Egypt: hope and disappointment.
comments powered by Disqus
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book