DAHAB DEATH TOLL MOUNTS; EGYPTIANS BLAME JEWS
Sad day. Countries count their own dead but the vast majorities are sure to be Egyptians and the numbers keep going up. The Egyptians had a three day weekend to celebrate the return of the Sinai to Egypt. No, they do not celebrate the peace treaty with Israel only its fruits. Even Big Pharaoh blogged his intention to go. Apparently, something must have delayed him. He was lucky.
Did the Bin Laden tape contain the action signal? If so, it's time to stop these broadcasts.
Retired General Salah al-Din Salim, an Egyptian researcher at the Strategic Studies Institute in Cairo, said that it could not be ruled out that the Israeli Mossad was involved in the terror attack in Dahab.
"The Mossad's ability to penetrate the Bedouins in Sinai is known," Salim said in an interview with al-Jazeera.
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
Also today, reformist Egyptian judges continued their protests. One judge was injured and 15 others detained by police. Mubarak says their protest is evidence of the independence of the Egyptian judiciary.
Previously, on this subject, Egypt: hope and disappointment.
comments powered by Disqus
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95