David Montgomery: Defending Historians' Academic Freedom in Our Own Times
comments powered by Disqus
julia T erdman - 4/24/2006
This an extremely important issue. I have been following the so called Armenian Genocide debates and was appalled to find out the historians who do not support the genocide claim are under exterem pressure to the point that one was forced to leave UCLA under pressure and threats from a Mr Hovannasian who himself claims to be a historian at UCLA! Mr Shaw's house was burned and his children were threatened beacuse he was onf the opinion that there was no eveidence supporting the claim of genocide, but ethnic strife in the middle of WW I, where many more nn-Armenians died at the same time in the same region!
When we teach our children to hate, we basically kill their future!
History should not be re-written under political and physical threats! That is a very dangerous thing. We should strive to give our children accurate picture of the social, political and economic picture of the situation, not just one sided stories.
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"