Michael J.C. Taylor: The Threat to Academic Freedom in North Dakota
He was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman on April 22, 2006 during a break in the proceedings of the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians (OAH).
Comment by Mr. Taylor on his interview (1-8-07):"My remarks were not meant as a critique of any individual, rather a statement of concern regarding increasing community influence on the content of university courses. For all who call academe their home, intellectual freedom and the ever-present attacks upon it should be viewed with disquiet, no matter from whence they come."
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments