Michael J.C. Taylor: The Threat to Academic Freedom in North Dakota
He was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman on April 22, 2006 during a break in the proceedings of the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians (OAH).
Comment by Mr. Taylor on his interview (1-8-07):"My remarks were not meant as a critique of any individual, rather a statement of concern regarding increasing community influence on the content of university courses. For all who call academe their home, intellectual freedom and the ever-present attacks upon it should be viewed with disquiet, no matter from whence they come."
comments powered by Disqus
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight
- Sam Haselby argues religion trumps politics in his new book