Michael J.C. Taylor: The Threat to Academic Freedom in North Dakota
He was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman on April 22, 2006 during a break in the proceedings of the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians (OAH).
Comment by Mr. Taylor on his interview (1-8-07):"My remarks were not meant as a critique of any individual, rather a statement of concern regarding increasing community influence on the content of university courses. For all who call academe their home, intellectual freedom and the ever-present attacks upon it should be viewed with disquiet, no matter from whence they come."
comments powered by Disqus
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award