Michael J.C. Taylor: The Threat to Academic Freedom in North Dakota
He was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman on April 22, 2006 during a break in the proceedings of the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians (OAH).
Comment by Mr. Taylor on his interview (1-8-07):"My remarks were not meant as a critique of any individual, rather a statement of concern regarding increasing community influence on the content of university courses. For all who call academe their home, intellectual freedom and the ever-present attacks upon it should be viewed with disquiet, no matter from whence they come."
comments powered by Disqus
- Black studies professor in the middle of exploding scandal at the University of North Carolina
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China