WORTH READING ON IRAN
In the meantime, El Baradei arrived in Iran:
Upon arrival he made clear that the main aim of his visit was to call on Iran to suspend the uranium enrichment process in line with the demand by the UN Security Council, return to the negotiation table and allow a diplomatic settlement of the dilemma.
Ahmadinejad however was quoted Thursday by Fars news agency as saying that although Iran was in favour of negotiations it would never accept the suspension of uranium enrichment.
'We have a red line over which we will not compromise with anyone,' Fars quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.
It is difficult to imagine a more significant showdown for the future of the IAEA or the Security Council. If you think it is essentially a Jewish problem, here comes North Korea threatening to increase its nuclear arsenal.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide