SOLANA: EU SHOULD BEGIN TO THINK OF SANCTIONS AGAINST IRAN"
The European Union could consider slapping sanctions on Iran, including a visa ban, if current UN-centred diplomatic efforts fail, EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana said on Monday.
Speaking at a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Luxembourg, he meanwhile dismissed a report that the United States might take military action in the standoff with Teheran over its nuclear plans.
“We have to be prepared just in case they fail,” he said, referring to diplomatic efforts to persuade the Islamic republic to renounce sensitive atomic activities, currently centred on the UN Security Council.
“We have to begin thinking about that possibility,” he said, referring to the possibility of eventual sanctions. Asked specifically about a visa ban, he said that such a move “is a classical type of measure that is taken.”
Oh, be still my foolish heart.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide