WESTERN MUSLIM RELATIONS IS A ONE WAY TRAFFIC
The truth is that for years, Muslim immigrants have been exploiting western liberal attitudes that have made it possible for them to get jobs, an education for their children and health care for their families. All this while the majority have chosen to maintain their distinctive lifestyle that westerners often find offensive. Their attitude towards women, for example, flies in the face of the same liberalism that Muslims use to spread their faith.
But now, terrorism has exposed the faultlines between the two civilisations, and an increasing number of western voices are saying enough is enough to this one-way traffic.
Unfortunately, too many Western companies such as Arla care only about their business plans. So, they publish apologies which give Muslim populations in the ME the misleading impression that they have improved Islam's image abroad in order to get a commercial reprieve. It is a shortsighted policy which is sure to backfire. Remember, do not buy Arla.
comments powered by Disqus
pst314 - 4/8/2006
There should be NO tolerance for those who will not tolerate "infidels".
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook