Anyone else think that the administration's Saddam-9/11 two-step is becoming very irritating -- and highly disingenuous?
W and the boys apparently think we're stupid enough to forget that they said Saddam had ties to al-Qaeda at every possible opportunity. The president even repeated this assertion today. (If you want a nice collection of the twenty or so times W and his minions claimed this before the war -- without a shred of evidence -- go here.)
Now, ladies and gentlemen, let's review for a moment. Who do we all believe was behind the 9/11 attacks?
Why, al-Qaeda of course!
So, therefore, W and the boys are really stretching credulity to the breaking point, aren't they? It takes a lot of moxie to now claim at this late date that the assertion that Saddam had"ties with al-Qaeda" was"technically accurate" but that it wasn't the same thing as claiming he was part of the 9/11 plot.
Again, I come back to the same question once again: Do they really just think we're all that stupid?
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools