DENMARK AND DHIMITUDE
Copenhagen - A moderate Muslim member of the Danish parliament who was the target of veiled threats by a Lebanese-born imam is not quitting politics, a close aide said Monday.
Naser Khader of the opposition Social Liberal Party would however take a timeout from parliament. He has also cancelled meetings until Saturday when he was due to attend the first annual general meeting of the group Democratic Muslims, group co-founder Fathi El-Abed said.
Hirsi Ali's courage is not easily replicated.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history