DENMARK AND DHIMITUDE
Copenhagen - A moderate Muslim member of the Danish parliament who was the target of veiled threats by a Lebanese-born imam is not quitting politics, a close aide said Monday.
Naser Khader of the opposition Social Liberal Party would however take a timeout from parliament. He has also cancelled meetings until Saturday when he was due to attend the first annual general meeting of the group Democratic Muslims, group co-founder Fathi El-Abed said.
Hirsi Ali's courage is not easily replicated.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election