ISRAELI AND US SPECIALISTS HAVE A "HEART TO HEART"
Imagine a rock concert featuring the hottest stars in heart surgery.
Recently, the best of Israel's cardiologists - no slouches themselves - vied for space in a packed auditorium to catch glimpses of the Mick Jaggers and Michael Jordans of international heart surgeons. The event took place at the Sheba Medical Center (Tel Hashomer Hospital), a clinical hospital and international hub for the world's best doctors and surgeons to strut their stuff - because as heart surgeons know, no man is an island. . . .
During a recent conference, there were two successful open-heart surgeries performed by Professor Tirone David, the president of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery who works at the Toronto General Hospital. On the large screen David could be seen pumping a heart back to life with his hands, while Boston-based surgeon Professor Robert Levine, lectured on the latest techniques in valve replacement surgery.
Anyone opposed to this kind of globalization?
comments powered by Disqus
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy