ISRAELI AND US SPECIALISTS HAVE A "HEART TO HEART"
Imagine a rock concert featuring the hottest stars in heart surgery.
Recently, the best of Israel's cardiologists - no slouches themselves - vied for space in a packed auditorium to catch glimpses of the Mick Jaggers and Michael Jordans of international heart surgeons. The event took place at the Sheba Medical Center (Tel Hashomer Hospital), a clinical hospital and international hub for the world's best doctors and surgeons to strut their stuff - because as heart surgeons know, no man is an island. . . .
During a recent conference, there were two successful open-heart surgeries performed by Professor Tirone David, the president of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery who works at the Toronto General Hospital. On the large screen David could be seen pumping a heart back to life with his hands, while Boston-based surgeon Professor Robert Levine, lectured on the latest techniques in valve replacement surgery.
Anyone opposed to this kind of globalization?
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award