ISRAELI AND US SPECIALISTS HAVE A "HEART TO HEART"
Imagine a rock concert featuring the hottest stars in heart surgery.
Recently, the best of Israel's cardiologists - no slouches themselves - vied for space in a packed auditorium to catch glimpses of the Mick Jaggers and Michael Jordans of international heart surgeons. The event took place at the Sheba Medical Center (Tel Hashomer Hospital), a clinical hospital and international hub for the world's best doctors and surgeons to strut their stuff - because as heart surgeons know, no man is an island. . . .
During a recent conference, there were two successful open-heart surgeries performed by Professor Tirone David, the president of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery who works at the Toronto General Hospital. On the large screen David could be seen pumping a heart back to life with his hands, while Boston-based surgeon Professor Robert Levine, lectured on the latest techniques in valve replacement surgery.
Anyone opposed to this kind of globalization?
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”