IRANIAN WOMEN SUPPORT THREATENED MANIFESTO SIGNERS
"We support the signatories of the Manifesto"Together facing the new totalitarianism" On Saturday, March 11, a thread on the British Islamist site issued a death threat against the 12 signatories of the Manifesto"Together facing the new totalitarianism"*.
The text of the threat, which appeared on ummah.net is very clear: 'Excellent-makes killing the kuffar all the bit easier (...) Jezak'illah Ukthi, now we have drawn out a hit list of a 'Who's Who' guide to slam into. Take you time but make sure their gone soon- oh and don't hold out for a fatwah it isn't really required here.'
We, the undersigned, wish to express our unequivocal support for and solidarity with the twelve signatories of this proclamation and our outrage at the Islamist movement's attack on them. We stand firm with the 12 against this reactionary movement and join in their call for resistance to religious totalitarianism and for the promotion of freedom, equal opportunity and secular values for all.
If you wish to show your support, please email us your name as well as the way in which you want to be introduced in brackets to email@example.com. We will publish the text and the list of signatories in the next few days.
comments powered by Disqus
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Islamist: Sorry I Wrecked Heritage Site
- For Donald Trump’s Family, an Immigrant’s Tale With 2 Beginnings
- Hillary Clinton Isn’t First Politician to Face Criticism Over Speaking Fees
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton