IRANIAN WOMEN SUPPORT THREATENED MANIFESTO SIGNERS
"We support the signatories of the Manifesto"Together facing the new totalitarianism" On Saturday, March 11, a thread on the British Islamist site issued a death threat against the 12 signatories of the Manifesto"Together facing the new totalitarianism"*.
The text of the threat, which appeared on ummah.net is very clear: 'Excellent-makes killing the kuffar all the bit easier (...) Jezak'illah Ukthi, now we have drawn out a hit list of a 'Who's Who' guide to slam into. Take you time but make sure their gone soon- oh and don't hold out for a fatwah it isn't really required here.'
We, the undersigned, wish to express our unequivocal support for and solidarity with the twelve signatories of this proclamation and our outrage at the Islamist movement's attack on them. We stand firm with the 12 against this reactionary movement and join in their call for resistance to religious totalitarianism and for the promotion of freedom, equal opportunity and secular values for all.
If you wish to show your support, please email us your name as well as the way in which you want to be introduced in brackets to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will publish the text and the list of signatories in the next few days.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"