GOOD MILITARY NEWS FROM IRAQ
Iraqi police, with U.S. troops, have captured at least 50 insurgents who stormed a police station south of Baghdad Wednesday.
Officials say gunmen, armed with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic rifles, carried out Wednesday's pre-dawn raid on a police station in Madain.
Iraqi police and American troops engaged the insurgents in a two-hour gunfight. At least four policemen were killed.
Iraqi authorities said a Syrian national was among the captured insurgents.
comments powered by Disqus
Laura - 3/24/2006
Thank you, Judith Klinghofer, for this article. More and more, the only helpful information on Iraq is on blogs and specialty sites such as this. However, that information does seem to seep into a lot of corners, and the incredible bias of the MSM is less and less effective. If there were to be any doubt about that, one would have only to listen to the deafening applause from West Virginia yesterday (a Democratic-voting State) when a woman criticized the press for failing to report good news on the war. Thank you, and stand strong. Laura
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond