GOOD MILITARY NEWS FROM IRAQ
Iraqi police, with U.S. troops, have captured at least 50 insurgents who stormed a police station south of Baghdad Wednesday.
Officials say gunmen, armed with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic rifles, carried out Wednesday's pre-dawn raid on a police station in Madain.
Iraqi police and American troops engaged the insurgents in a two-hour gunfight. At least four policemen were killed.
Iraqi authorities said a Syrian national was among the captured insurgents.
comments powered by Disqus
Laura - 3/24/2006
Thank you, Judith Klinghofer, for this article. More and more, the only helpful information on Iraq is on blogs and specialty sites such as this. However, that information does seem to seep into a lot of corners, and the incredible bias of the MSM is less and less effective. If there were to be any doubt about that, one would have only to listen to the deafening applause from West Virginia yesterday (a Democratic-voting State) when a woman criticized the press for failing to report good news on the war. Thank you, and stand strong. Laura
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize