GOOD MILITARY NEWS FROM IRAQ
Iraqi police, with U.S. troops, have captured at least 50 insurgents who stormed a police station south of Baghdad Wednesday.
Officials say gunmen, armed with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic rifles, carried out Wednesday's pre-dawn raid on a police station in Madain.
Iraqi police and American troops engaged the insurgents in a two-hour gunfight. At least four policemen were killed.
Iraqi authorities said a Syrian national was among the captured insurgents.
comments powered by Disqus
Laura - 3/24/2006
Thank you, Judith Klinghofer, for this article. More and more, the only helpful information on Iraq is on blogs and specialty sites such as this. However, that information does seem to seep into a lot of corners, and the incredible bias of the MSM is less and less effective. If there were to be any doubt about that, one would have only to listen to the deafening applause from West Virginia yesterday (a Democratic-voting State) when a woman criticized the press for failing to report good news on the war. Thank you, and stand strong. Laura
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)