GOOD MILITARY NEWS FROM IRAQ
Iraqi police, with U.S. troops, have captured at least 50 insurgents who stormed a police station south of Baghdad Wednesday.
Officials say gunmen, armed with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic rifles, carried out Wednesday's pre-dawn raid on a police station in Madain.
Iraqi police and American troops engaged the insurgents in a two-hour gunfight. At least four policemen were killed.
Iraqi authorities said a Syrian national was among the captured insurgents.
comments powered by Disqus
Laura - 3/24/2006
Thank you, Judith Klinghofer, for this article. More and more, the only helpful information on Iraq is on blogs and specialty sites such as this. However, that information does seem to seep into a lot of corners, and the incredible bias of the MSM is less and less effective. If there were to be any doubt about that, one would have only to listen to the deafening applause from West Virginia yesterday (a Democratic-voting State) when a woman criticized the press for failing to report good news on the war. Thank you, and stand strong. Laura
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum