GOOD MILITARY NEWS FROM IRAQ
Iraqi police, with U.S. troops, have captured at least 50 insurgents who stormed a police station south of Baghdad Wednesday.
Officials say gunmen, armed with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic rifles, carried out Wednesday's pre-dawn raid on a police station in Madain.
Iraqi police and American troops engaged the insurgents in a two-hour gunfight. At least four policemen were killed.
Iraqi authorities said a Syrian national was among the captured insurgents.
comments powered by Disqus
Laura - 3/24/2006
Thank you, Judith Klinghofer, for this article. More and more, the only helpful information on Iraq is on blogs and specialty sites such as this. However, that information does seem to seep into a lot of corners, and the incredible bias of the MSM is less and less effective. If there were to be any doubt about that, one would have only to listen to the deafening applause from West Virginia yesterday (a Democratic-voting State) when a woman criticized the press for failing to report good news on the war. Thank you, and stand strong. Laura
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"