Akbar Ganji will NOT be released!
Fars Agency, a very close ally of right wing in Iran, reports that Akbar Ganji will NOT be released from jail next week. There were no more details. We have to wait and see if it's true. The same agency was reporting that some reformist groups were planning to celebrate his release and they were worries about that. Are we surprised?
Meanwhile the Financial Times reports that Support for Iran embargo is losing ground.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum