Akbar Ganji will NOT be released!
Fars Agency, a very close ally of right wing in Iran, reports that Akbar Ganji will NOT be released from jail next week. There were no more details. We have to wait and see if it's true. The same agency was reporting that some reformist groups were planning to celebrate his release and they were worries about that. Are we surprised?
Meanwhile the Financial Times reports that Support for Iran embargo is losing ground.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?