THE WHEELS ARE COMING OFF ARNIE'S CAMPAIGN
Arnold Schwarzenegger's campaign is just imploding before our very eyes, isn't it? Candy Crowley's report this morning on CNN was quite hilarious. She asked Arnie over and over to explain how it was possible that:
1. Much of what is out there in the media is false.
2. However, you don't remember which parts are true and which parts are false.
3. Yet you have to apologize for being a"bad boy" for that stuff that you can't remember.
As Crowley said at the end of the report,"It's going to be a long four days."
The only question is whether these revelations and his disastrous performances under pressure are enough to derail Arnie at this late point. If this campaign were two or three weeks longer, I think Arnie would fade to third place or so.
One of my colleagues in the department wants Arnie to win. He believes it will be such an amazing embarrassment that it will further doom Republicans nationally next year as idiotic thing after idiotic thing that Arnie says gets national coverage.
I think my colleague may very well may be right.
As always, we'll see.
comments powered by Disqus
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017