THE WHEELS ARE COMING OFF ARNIE'S CAMPAIGN
Arnold Schwarzenegger's campaign is just imploding before our very eyes, isn't it? Candy Crowley's report this morning on CNN was quite hilarious. She asked Arnie over and over to explain how it was possible that:
1. Much of what is out there in the media is false.
2. However, you don't remember which parts are true and which parts are false.
3. Yet you have to apologize for being a"bad boy" for that stuff that you can't remember.
As Crowley said at the end of the report,"It's going to be a long four days."
The only question is whether these revelations and his disastrous performances under pressure are enough to derail Arnie at this late point. If this campaign were two or three weeks longer, I think Arnie would fade to third place or so.
One of my colleagues in the department wants Arnie to win. He believes it will be such an amazing embarrassment that it will further doom Republicans nationally next year as idiotic thing after idiotic thing that Arnie says gets national coverage.
I think my colleague may very well may be right.
As always, we'll see.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- In Hiroshima 71 years after first atomic strike, Obama calls for end of nuclear weapons
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize