THE WHEELS ARE COMING OFF ARNIE'S CAMPAIGN
Arnold Schwarzenegger's campaign is just imploding before our very eyes, isn't it? Candy Crowley's report this morning on CNN was quite hilarious. She asked Arnie over and over to explain how it was possible that:
1. Much of what is out there in the media is false.
2. However, you don't remember which parts are true and which parts are false.
3. Yet you have to apologize for being a"bad boy" for that stuff that you can't remember.
As Crowley said at the end of the report,"It's going to be a long four days."
The only question is whether these revelations and his disastrous performances under pressure are enough to derail Arnie at this late point. If this campaign were two or three weeks longer, I think Arnie would fade to third place or so.
One of my colleagues in the department wants Arnie to win. He believes it will be such an amazing embarrassment that it will further doom Republicans nationally next year as idiotic thing after idiotic thing that Arnie says gets national coverage.
I think my colleague may very well may be right.
As always, we'll see.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"