CENSORING DUBAI BLOCKS IRSHAD'S WEBSITE
This letter is posted on Irshad Manji's website:
"I live in Dubai. I'm about to return there from Toronto and will bring your book with me as it's not available in the UAE. You know what else isn't available? Access to your website. This is the message I get when I try to log on:
We apologize that the site you are attempting to visit has been blocked due to its content being inconsistent with the religious, cultural, political and moral values of the United Arab Emirates.
This from a country that is called ‘the Las Vegas of the Gulf’! You’d think they would get past the whole censorship thing by now. It's amazing to me that they would block a site which promotes critical thought in Islam. Well, actually it’s not all that surprising considering the Saudis breathing down our necks next door. Still, it’s infuriating. STAY LOUD!” - T.A.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Allan Lichtman who’s predicted 30 years of presidential elections correctly is doubling down on a Trump win
- National Book Award semifinalist Heather Ann Thompson says the war on crime started with LBJ
- David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history