KLAUSNER: BOLKHARI WRONG ON MICE AND JEWS
"A tribe of the Beni Isra'il is missing and it is not known what has become of it. I am of the opinion that they were none but rats. Do not you see that if the milk of the camel is placed before rats they do not drink it but if the milk of she-goats or ewes is placed before them they drink it?
An-Nawawi and others state that the meaning of this is that the flesh and milk of camels was declared unlawful for the Beni Isra'il whilst the flesh and milk of goats and sheep was lawful: the fact, therefore, of rats not drinking the milk of camels and their drinking the milk of she-goats and ewes, indicates that they are a transformed form of the Beni Isra'il." (Al-Damiri)
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"