KLAUSNER: BOLKHARI WRONG ON MICE AND JEWS
"A tribe of the Beni Isra'il is missing and it is not known what has become of it. I am of the opinion that they were none but rats. Do not you see that if the milk of the camel is placed before rats they do not drink it but if the milk of she-goats or ewes is placed before them they drink it?
An-Nawawi and others state that the meaning of this is that the flesh and milk of camels was declared unlawful for the Beni Isra'il whilst the flesh and milk of goats and sheep was lawful: the fact, therefore, of rats not drinking the milk of camels and their drinking the milk of she-goats and ewes, indicates that they are a transformed form of the Beni Isra'il." (Al-Damiri)
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit