KLAUSNER: BOLKHARI WRONG ON MICE AND JEWS
"A tribe of the Beni Isra'il is missing and it is not known what has become of it. I am of the opinion that they were none but rats. Do not you see that if the milk of the camel is placed before rats they do not drink it but if the milk of she-goats or ewes is placed before them they drink it?
An-Nawawi and others state that the meaning of this is that the flesh and milk of camels was declared unlawful for the Beni Isra'il whilst the flesh and milk of goats and sheep was lawful: the fact, therefore, of rats not drinking the milk of camels and their drinking the milk of she-goats and ewes, indicates that they are a transformed form of the Beni Isra'il." (Al-Damiri)
comments powered by Disqus
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes