KLAUSNER: BOLKHARI WRONG ON MICE AND JEWS
"A tribe of the Beni Isra'il is missing and it is not known what has become of it. I am of the opinion that they were none but rats. Do not you see that if the milk of the camel is placed before rats they do not drink it but if the milk of she-goats or ewes is placed before them they drink it?
An-Nawawi and others state that the meaning of this is that the flesh and milk of camels was declared unlawful for the Beni Isra'il whilst the flesh and milk of goats and sheep was lawful: the fact, therefore, of rats not drinking the milk of camels and their drinking the milk of she-goats and ewes, indicates that they are a transformed form of the Beni Isra'il." (Al-Damiri)
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)