KLAUSNER: BOLKHARI WRONG ON MICE AND JEWS
"A tribe of the Beni Isra'il is missing and it is not known what has become of it. I am of the opinion that they were none but rats. Do not you see that if the milk of the camel is placed before rats they do not drink it but if the milk of she-goats or ewes is placed before them they drink it?
An-Nawawi and others state that the meaning of this is that the flesh and milk of camels was declared unlawful for the Beni Isra'il whilst the flesh and milk of goats and sheep was lawful: the fact, therefore, of rats not drinking the milk of camels and their drinking the milk of she-goats and ewes, indicates that they are a transformed form of the Beni Isra'il." (Al-Damiri)
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"