US Marines Probe Tensions among Iran's Ethnic Minorities
comments powered by Disqus
William Marina - 2/25/2006
I'll be commenting at length on this Marine research in a piece at HNN/LRC entitled, "Military Research is to Research as Military Music is to Music." It reminds me so much of the 5 vols. the Army compiled on the Philippine Insurrection (see my Index to the much larger 96 reels of microfilm in the Nat'l Archives), and never to my knowledge ever much consulted by the military, let alone that journalist, ignoramus, Max Boot, who was urging us on into Iraq based on his poor understanding of that model.
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
- Stanford historian looks to the U.S. Postal Service to map the boom and bust of 19th-century American West
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston