US Marines Probe Tensions among Iran's Ethnic Minorities
comments powered by Disqus
William Marina - 2/25/2006
I'll be commenting at length on this Marine research in a piece at HNN/LRC entitled, "Military Research is to Research as Military Music is to Music." It reminds me so much of the 5 vols. the Army compiled on the Philippine Insurrection (see my Index to the much larger 96 reels of microfilm in the Nat'l Archives), and never to my knowledge ever much consulted by the military, let alone that journalist, ignoramus, Max Boot, who was urging us on into Iraq based on his poor understanding of that model.
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?