US Marines Probe Tensions among Iran's Ethnic Minorities
comments powered by Disqus
William Marina - 2/25/2006
I'll be commenting at length on this Marine research in a piece at HNN/LRC entitled, "Military Research is to Research as Military Music is to Music." It reminds me so much of the 5 vols. the Army compiled on the Philippine Insurrection (see my Index to the much larger 96 reels of microfilm in the Nat'l Archives), and never to my knowledge ever much consulted by the military, let alone that journalist, ignoramus, Max Boot, who was urging us on into Iraq based on his poor understanding of that model.
- Kissinger Memo from 1972: Make the North Vietnamese think Nixon and I are crazy
- How Much U.S. History Do Americans Actually Know? Less Than You Think.
- Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize