PARIS TOWN COUNCILOR: "WE ARE ALL JEWISH"
It is easy to dismiss such staged event but is would be a mistake. For it sends a message about the behavior and attitudes expected of a French citizen. It is in this dignified manner, democratic countries lay down the law.
France's Grand Rabbi Joseph Sitruk said:
From now on, in France, there will be the period before Ilan and that after Ilan.
Today, I ask all French citizens to all stand up as one man and shout loud and clear, 'Enough is enough.'
I am not optimistic enough to believe that the Rabbi is right but it did sooth my heart.
comments powered by Disqus
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar