PARIS TOWN COUNCILOR: "WE ARE ALL JEWISH"
It is easy to dismiss such staged event but is would be a mistake. For it sends a message about the behavior and attitudes expected of a French citizen. It is in this dignified manner, democratic countries lay down the law.
France's Grand Rabbi Joseph Sitruk said:
From now on, in France, there will be the period before Ilan and that after Ilan.
Today, I ask all French citizens to all stand up as one man and shout loud and clear, 'Enough is enough.'
I am not optimistic enough to believe that the Rabbi is right but it did sooth my heart.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum