PARIS TOWN COUNCILOR: "WE ARE ALL JEWISH"
It is easy to dismiss such staged event but is would be a mistake. For it sends a message about the behavior and attitudes expected of a French citizen. It is in this dignified manner, democratic countries lay down the law.
France's Grand Rabbi Joseph Sitruk said:
From now on, in France, there will be the period before Ilan and that after Ilan.
Today, I ask all French citizens to all stand up as one man and shout loud and clear, 'Enough is enough.'
I am not optimistic enough to believe that the Rabbi is right but it did sooth my heart.
comments powered by Disqus
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit