PARIS TOWN COUNCILOR: "WE ARE ALL JEWISH"
It is easy to dismiss such staged event but is would be a mistake. For it sends a message about the behavior and attitudes expected of a French citizen. It is in this dignified manner, democratic countries lay down the law.
France's Grand Rabbi Joseph Sitruk said:
From now on, in France, there will be the period before Ilan and that after Ilan.
Today, I ask all French citizens to all stand up as one man and shout loud and clear, 'Enough is enough.'
I am not optimistic enough to believe that the Rabbi is right but it did sooth my heart.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award