PARIS TOWN COUNCILOR: "WE ARE ALL JEWISH"
It is easy to dismiss such staged event but is would be a mistake. For it sends a message about the behavior and attitudes expected of a French citizen. It is in this dignified manner, democratic countries lay down the law.
France's Grand Rabbi Joseph Sitruk said:
From now on, in France, there will be the period before Ilan and that after Ilan.
Today, I ask all French citizens to all stand up as one man and shout loud and clear, 'Enough is enough.'
I am not optimistic enough to believe that the Rabbi is right but it did sooth my heart.
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize