CARTOON INTIFADA THREATENS MUSHARRAF
Hence,"The six-party alliance of religio- political parties in Pakistan will hold an emergency meeting to discuss future strategy against the blasphemous cartoons."
Who will pay? As usual the Pakistani people:
Businessmen in Pakistan feared losing four billion US dollars in exports in case the government decided to boycott European Union products in protest at the blasphemous cartoons.
Indians and Chinese could immediately capture the European export market if the boycott was formally announced, reported `Dawn' newspaper here on Saturday.
The newspaper said that hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis could go jobless and there could be bigger hunger marches on Pak streets in the future.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103