CARTOON INTIFADA THREATENS MUSHARRAF
Hence,"The six-party alliance of religio- political parties in Pakistan will hold an emergency meeting to discuss future strategy against the blasphemous cartoons."
Who will pay? As usual the Pakistani people:
Businessmen in Pakistan feared losing four billion US dollars in exports in case the government decided to boycott European Union products in protest at the blasphemous cartoons.
Indians and Chinese could immediately capture the European export market if the boycott was formally announced, reported `Dawn' newspaper here on Saturday.
The newspaper said that hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis could go jobless and there could be bigger hunger marches on Pak streets in the future.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)