OPEN SEASON ON MUSLIM JOURNALISTS
One of the seven provincial journalists arrested for insulting Ayatollah Khomeini in the beginning of February is in a coma. She is 20 years old Ms. Elham Afrotan who reportedly has" committed suicide" The report was confirmed by the governor of"Hormozgan." Her case is reminiscent of the case of the Canadian-Iranian journalist Zahra Kazemi. It was later revealed that Zahra was beaten to death.
According Human Rights watch "The governments of Jordan, Yemen and Algeria have filed criminal charges against editors and journalists who printed the Muhammad cartoons and governments in Yemen, Algeria and Malaysia closed newspapers which printed them. They dared do what the MSM did not.
Finally, Turkish journalist Ms. Aliye Cetinkaya was stoned by protestors while covering a Muhammad cartoon demonstration in Konya (Turkey) for failing to wear a head scarf. Luckily her colleagues saved her from serious harm.
Oh, yes. I almost forgot. Russia also arrested a journalist who printed the cartoons.
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi