OPEN SEASON ON MUSLIM JOURNALISTS
One of the seven provincial journalists arrested for insulting Ayatollah Khomeini in the beginning of February is in a coma. She is 20 years old Ms. Elham Afrotan who reportedly has" committed suicide" The report was confirmed by the governor of"Hormozgan." Her case is reminiscent of the case of the Canadian-Iranian journalist Zahra Kazemi. It was later revealed that Zahra was beaten to death.
According Human Rights watch "The governments of Jordan, Yemen and Algeria have filed criminal charges against editors and journalists who printed the Muhammad cartoons and governments in Yemen, Algeria and Malaysia closed newspapers which printed them. They dared do what the MSM did not.
Finally, Turkish journalist Ms. Aliye Cetinkaya was stoned by protestors while covering a Muhammad cartoon demonstration in Konya (Turkey) for failing to wear a head scarf. Luckily her colleagues saved her from serious harm.
Oh, yes. I almost forgot. Russia also arrested a journalist who printed the cartoons.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests