OPEN SEASON ON MUSLIM JOURNALISTS
One of the seven provincial journalists arrested for insulting Ayatollah Khomeini in the beginning of February is in a coma. She is 20 years old Ms. Elham Afrotan who reportedly has" committed suicide" The report was confirmed by the governor of"Hormozgan." Her case is reminiscent of the case of the Canadian-Iranian journalist Zahra Kazemi. It was later revealed that Zahra was beaten to death.
According Human Rights watch "The governments of Jordan, Yemen and Algeria have filed criminal charges against editors and journalists who printed the Muhammad cartoons and governments in Yemen, Algeria and Malaysia closed newspapers which printed them. They dared do what the MSM did not.
Finally, Turkish journalist Ms. Aliye Cetinkaya was stoned by protestors while covering a Muhammad cartoon demonstration in Konya (Turkey) for failing to wear a head scarf. Luckily her colleagues saved her from serious harm.
Oh, yes. I almost forgot. Russia also arrested a journalist who printed the cartoons.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize