OPEN SEASON ON MUSLIM JOURNALISTS
One of the seven provincial journalists arrested for insulting Ayatollah Khomeini in the beginning of February is in a coma. She is 20 years old Ms. Elham Afrotan who reportedly has" committed suicide" The report was confirmed by the governor of"Hormozgan." Her case is reminiscent of the case of the Canadian-Iranian journalist Zahra Kazemi. It was later revealed that Zahra was beaten to death.
According Human Rights watch "The governments of Jordan, Yemen and Algeria have filed criminal charges against editors and journalists who printed the Muhammad cartoons and governments in Yemen, Algeria and Malaysia closed newspapers which printed them. They dared do what the MSM did not.
Finally, Turkish journalist Ms. Aliye Cetinkaya was stoned by protestors while covering a Muhammad cartoon demonstration in Konya (Turkey) for failing to wear a head scarf. Luckily her colleagues saved her from serious harm.
Oh, yes. I almost forgot. Russia also arrested a journalist who printed the cartoons.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)