DANISH IMMIGRATION POLICY ALSO PROTECTS MUSLIM WOMEN
Also, many second and third generation women of Middle Eastern origin who have grown up in Denmark have expressed happiness with the 24 year-age limit for marriages with non-EU foreigners because it frees them from being coerced by their family into marrying a stranger from a very different environment in their late teens, as was the tradition before the stricter rules were introduced, thus giving them a chance to get an education and a husband of their own choice.
Indeed, French TV often reports on the problem of forced marriages in France where there are special shelters set up for these girls. Similarly, the committee which considered the headscarf issue heard plenty of testimony about girls being forced by neighborhood and school bullies to wear a headscarf.
The truth is that the Islamist battle with our Western values is part and parcel with their battle to retain control over Muslim women.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)