DANISH IMMIGRATION POLICY ALSO PROTECTS MUSLIM WOMEN
Also, many second and third generation women of Middle Eastern origin who have grown up in Denmark have expressed happiness with the 24 year-age limit for marriages with non-EU foreigners because it frees them from being coerced by their family into marrying a stranger from a very different environment in their late teens, as was the tradition before the stricter rules were introduced, thus giving them a chance to get an education and a husband of their own choice.
Indeed, French TV often reports on the problem of forced marriages in France where there are special shelters set up for these girls. Similarly, the committee which considered the headscarf issue heard plenty of testimony about girls being forced by neighborhood and school bullies to wear a headscarf.
The truth is that the Islamist battle with our Western values is part and parcel with their battle to retain control over Muslim women.
comments powered by Disqus
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors