DANISH IMMIGRATION POLICY ALSO PROTECTS MUSLIM WOMEN
Also, many second and third generation women of Middle Eastern origin who have grown up in Denmark have expressed happiness with the 24 year-age limit for marriages with non-EU foreigners because it frees them from being coerced by their family into marrying a stranger from a very different environment in their late teens, as was the tradition before the stricter rules were introduced, thus giving them a chance to get an education and a husband of their own choice.
Indeed, French TV often reports on the problem of forced marriages in France where there are special shelters set up for these girls. Similarly, the committee which considered the headscarf issue heard plenty of testimony about girls being forced by neighborhood and school bullies to wear a headscarf.
The truth is that the Islamist battle with our Western values is part and parcel with their battle to retain control over Muslim women.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond