THINK ISRAEL - THINK MODELS ON A SUNLIT BEACH
At long last everyone I know is talking about Israel and at long last it does not involve the intifada or disengagement. The thing on everyone's mind is the bit of hot stuff advertising from the Think Israel website. For any reader of this outside the UK, I will quickly bring you up to speed.
It all started about a fortnight ago. There I was, an innocent student, minding my own business, just trying to catch the tube. I had just arrived on the platform, when a young guy turn to his 'mate' and said"She's a bit of alright, I wouldn't mind going there if they all look like that."
With this I looked up and to my shock I discovered that they were looking at a giant poster of a model, sat down on a moonlit beach, the waves lapping at her thighs and the buildings behind her lit up like any cosmopolitan Mediterranean city. Must be Palma I thought, until I read the bottom... Tel Aviv!
comments powered by Disqus
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017