THINK ISRAEL - THINK MODELS ON A SUNLIT BEACH
At long last everyone I know is talking about Israel and at long last it does not involve the intifada or disengagement. The thing on everyone's mind is the bit of hot stuff advertising from the Think Israel website. For any reader of this outside the UK, I will quickly bring you up to speed.
It all started about a fortnight ago. There I was, an innocent student, minding my own business, just trying to catch the tube. I had just arrived on the platform, when a young guy turn to his 'mate' and said"She's a bit of alright, I wouldn't mind going there if they all look like that."
With this I looked up and to my shock I discovered that they were looking at a giant poster of a model, sat down on a moonlit beach, the waves lapping at her thighs and the buildings behind her lit up like any cosmopolitan Mediterranean city. Must be Palma I thought, until I read the bottom... Tel Aviv!
comments powered by Disqus
- No President Has Pardoned Himself, But Governors and A Drunk Mayor Have
- Nixon sometimes met with leaders without his own translator
- How do you memorialize fallen in a war without end?
- NYT begins new series depicting lives of people on the front lives of the civil rights movement
- "Game of Thrones" creators sell show to HBO that imagines a world in which the Confederacy won
- Steven Salaita, Whose Revoked Job Offer Inflamed Higher Ed, Says He’s Leaving Academe
- Historians Against the War changes its name – and mission
- When did higher education become partisan?
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"