IRANIAN EXILES TAKE ON IRANIAN PROPAGANDA
Iran’s chief of judiciary ayatollah Hashemi Shahrudi recently announced the formation of a special group in the judiciary to study the violations of human rights in Western countries.
Responses to violations of human rights anywhere in the world including the West are always a healthy measure. But whether this initiative is in harmony with the performance record of Iranian judicial officials is doubtful. The record of the leaders of our judiciary is such that if they really want to investigate any violations, “charity begins at home”, as the saying goes.
Thus begins Hossein Bastani's online article" Two Decades of “Temporary” Imprisonment. It is posted both in English and in Pharsi. Iranians are enthusiastic bloggers. This is the good news. The bad news is that the Iranians are beginning from the Chinese. The news this morning: Iran blocks BBC Persian website.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian