IRANIAN EXILES TAKE ON IRANIAN PROPAGANDA
Iran’s chief of judiciary ayatollah Hashemi Shahrudi recently announced the formation of a special group in the judiciary to study the violations of human rights in Western countries.
Responses to violations of human rights anywhere in the world including the West are always a healthy measure. But whether this initiative is in harmony with the performance record of Iranian judicial officials is doubtful. The record of the leaders of our judiciary is such that if they really want to investigate any violations, “charity begins at home”, as the saying goes.
Thus begins Hossein Bastani's online article" Two Decades of “Temporary” Imprisonment. It is posted both in English and in Pharsi. Iranians are enthusiastic bloggers. This is the good news. The bad news is that the Iranians are beginning from the Chinese. The news this morning: Iran blocks BBC Persian website.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”