IRANIAN EXILES TAKE ON IRANIAN PROPAGANDA
Iran’s chief of judiciary ayatollah Hashemi Shahrudi recently announced the formation of a special group in the judiciary to study the violations of human rights in Western countries.
Responses to violations of human rights anywhere in the world including the West are always a healthy measure. But whether this initiative is in harmony with the performance record of Iranian judicial officials is doubtful. The record of the leaders of our judiciary is such that if they really want to investigate any violations, “charity begins at home”, as the saying goes.
Thus begins Hossein Bastani's online article" Two Decades of “Temporary” Imprisonment. It is posted both in English and in Pharsi. Iranians are enthusiastic bloggers. This is the good news. The bad news is that the Iranians are beginning from the Chinese. The news this morning: Iran blocks BBC Persian website.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize