IRANIAN EXILES TAKE ON IRANIAN PROPAGANDA
Iran’s chief of judiciary ayatollah Hashemi Shahrudi recently announced the formation of a special group in the judiciary to study the violations of human rights in Western countries.
Responses to violations of human rights anywhere in the world including the West are always a healthy measure. But whether this initiative is in harmony with the performance record of Iranian judicial officials is doubtful. The record of the leaders of our judiciary is such that if they really want to investigate any violations, “charity begins at home”, as the saying goes.
Thus begins Hossein Bastani's online article" Two Decades of “Temporary” Imprisonment. It is posted both in English and in Pharsi. Iranians are enthusiastic bloggers. This is the good news. The bad news is that the Iranians are beginning from the Chinese. The news this morning: Iran blocks BBC Persian website.
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90
- Greg O’Malley’s go-to slave trade database will soon show more than the path the ships took from Africa to the New World