IRANIAN EXILES TAKE ON IRANIAN PROPAGANDA
Iran’s chief of judiciary ayatollah Hashemi Shahrudi recently announced the formation of a special group in the judiciary to study the violations of human rights in Western countries.
Responses to violations of human rights anywhere in the world including the West are always a healthy measure. But whether this initiative is in harmony with the performance record of Iranian judicial officials is doubtful. The record of the leaders of our judiciary is such that if they really want to investigate any violations, “charity begins at home”, as the saying goes.
Thus begins Hossein Bastani's online article" Two Decades of “Temporary” Imprisonment. It is posted both in English and in Pharsi. Iranians are enthusiastic bloggers. This is the good news. The bad news is that the Iranians are beginning from the Chinese. The news this morning: Iran blocks BBC Persian website.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history