GOOD NEWS: SUDAN WILL NOT HEAD AU
The AU was designed to break away from that tradition. The prospect of Sudan heading the organization gave the impression that when all said and done, the name change was just that. The rebuff of Sudan proves that it was not. DCAT provide a good analysis of the issues involved. I hope the UN committee for Human Rights is watching and learning.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)