UBS STOPS DOING BUSINESS WITH IRAN
Switzerland's largest bank UBS has stopped doing business with Iranian customers, according to a report in a Swiss Sunday paper. . . .
The bank refused to be drawn on whether the decision was directly linked to the dispute over Iran's nuclear programme.
The process leading to the termination of relations with Iranian clients had already begun last year, according to UBS.
Swiss radio reports said the bank was considering similar measures against Syrian customers.
Debka has additional details.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton