UBS STOPS DOING BUSINESS WITH IRAN
Switzerland's largest bank UBS has stopped doing business with Iranian customers, according to a report in a Swiss Sunday paper. . . .
The bank refused to be drawn on whether the decision was directly linked to the dispute over Iran's nuclear programme.
The process leading to the termination of relations with Iranian clients had already begun last year, according to UBS.
Swiss radio reports said the bank was considering similar measures against Syrian customers.
Debka has additional details.
comments powered by Disqus
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book