UBS STOPS DOING BUSINESS WITH IRAN
Switzerland's largest bank UBS has stopped doing business with Iranian customers, according to a report in a Swiss Sunday paper. . . .
The bank refused to be drawn on whether the decision was directly linked to the dispute over Iran's nuclear programme.
The process leading to the termination of relations with Iranian clients had already begun last year, according to UBS.
Swiss radio reports said the bank was considering similar measures against Syrian customers.
Debka has additional details.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award